The Gill Center for Plastic Surgery & Dermatology
121 Vision Park Blvd, Suite 100
Shenandoah, TX 77384
Phone: (281) 853-5308
M-Th 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
F 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
Our Messaging on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Dear Current and Future Patients,
With COVID-19 on everyone’s mind, The Gill Center would like to share several updates to our policies, intended to protect and benefit our staff, current, and future patients. The following includes the latest updates to our appointments, safety precautions we are taking within the practice, and the protocol we have put in place for our staff and appointments moving forward.
- If you travel outside of the United States, allow a minimum of 2 weeks from the date you return for your next in-office appointment.
- If you are not well, please call and reschedule your appointment to prevent spreading of any illness. Please note, you will not be penalized for rescheduling!
- We are now offering virtual consultations! Check out our post here for all the information on how these work.
Safety at the Practice:
Safety has always been one of the hallmarks of our practice. As healthcare professionals, we already have many protocols in place to protect our patients. As we deal with COVID-19, we are taking additional steps to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We would like to remind you that the same steps you would take each day to help prevent any respiratory infection, whether it’s influenza or a common cold, continue to apply:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear a facemask if you are ill.
- Refer to the CDC Frequently Asked Questions
The health and well-being of all of our patients and staff is of the utmost importance. If there are questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Employee Protocol for COVID-19:
As we prepare to reopen our office and resume operation and appointments we want to share the protocol we have put in place for our staff to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone.
- We have asked our employees to refrain coming in to work if they are ill with fever, sore throat, cough, diarrhea etc. Employees must maintain social distancing measures at work and during personal time. Everyday during check in, employees will have their temperature taken. If they present a temperature greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, they will be sent home. Further, if the employee has been exposed to someone that has COVID-19, we ask that they please notify Drs. Paul and Anita Gill prior to coming to work.
- Mask and gloves will be provided to the staff to wear at all times – we will supply one mask and are ordering cloth masks to go over it that can be washed daily.
- We have a modified schedule in place so that only 2 patients are seen per hour. Patients will be escorted from the car to the patient exam room and are to be seen alone (no children or other guests or family members). Also patients are encouraged to wear their own cloth masks or masks they have at home when coming to their appointment. Employees will assist with taking the patient’s temperature and history upon checking in (there will be a small table outside our reception area). The table will have gloves, hand sanitizer and a thermometer. A questionnaire will also be there that includes: Do you have a cough? Do you have a fever? Sore throat? Any medicines taken to reduce any fever in the last 24 hours? Any contact with anyone with Covid-19?
- When we are confirming patient appointments, they will need to be notified of the above. Further, if patients are over the age of 60, and have other comorbidities (autoimmune, cancer, immunosuppression, diabetes, hypertension etc.) they should be encouraged to reschedule their appointment. Virtual visits can be offered if appropriate.
- After a patient encounter, all items in the room will be disinfected (door knobs, chairs, pens etc). Further, we will use disposable gowns as much as possible.
- Employees will maintain social distance from each other including in the break room, which will be sanitized daily as well as all trash taken out and all work areas sanitized. Restrooms will also be sanitized after every use.
- For employees, we have asked that they create a space in their home that when you come in, you sanitized your hands, remove your clothes (scrubs) and place them in the washer/dryer. Wash hands from 20 minutes prior to doing anything else in your house. Wash scrubs and hair daily, all to help prevent the spread.
If you have any questions about our above protocol, or what to expect upon your appointment, please reach out to us, we will be happy to assist in any way that we can!
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.